Friday, January 10, 2014
Ferrero Rocher Topped Nutella Cupcakes
After weeks of indulging over the Christmas festivities, the 12 days were up and I decided to wipe out all traces of the jolly season by eating all the biscuits and chocolates that we had been given. (Well, you can’t start a new year with new resolutions while all these temptations are lying around)
Trust me, this was no easy task but I managed it by nibbling slowly through the shortbread and the giant box of Celebrations…and then discovered that we had 2 left-over boxes of Ferrero Rochers. Shock horror!
Instead of inhaling these mini golden balls at one go, I decided that the chocolate might go better with even more chocolate and sugar to top it off!
Thanks to Pinterest, voila Ferrero Rocher cupcakes….well, more like Ferrero Rochers on cupcakes.
What I used for the cupcakes:
1. My favourite vanilla cupcake recipe from Sweetapolita's super-duper vanilla cupcakes minus the sprinkles. (Fluffy and moist, these cupcakes are indeed super-duper.)
2. 12 tsps of Nutella
What I used for the icing:
Sweetapolita's Nutella Cloud Frosting
What I did:
1. Make up a batch of your favourite vanilla cupcake batter and divide batter into the cupcake pan.
2. Swirl a teaspoon full of Nutella in each cupcake. In hindsight, this didn’t swirl easily so I just dropped it in. It would have perhaps been easier to fill the cupcake after baking.
4. Let the cupcakes cool and ice with Nutella cloud icing.
5. Top with a Fererro Rocher chocolate.
6. Eat about 3 and a half in 1 hour!